Q: Q: steering wheel shaking

I been having this problem with my car steering wheel shaking for about 2 weeks. The steering wheel shakes every time i turn on the car and the a/c. Also, every time i stop in a red light the car will shake too. I am thinking it may be the spark plugs. What do you thing?

Hi there. Thanks for writing into YourMechanic.com about the issue with your 2005 Suzuki Forenza. At first glance, it appears that the problem you’re describing sounds like a misfire with one of the cylinders. It could be related to your spark plugs or wires being too old and causing this problem. However, the issue could also be caused by a vacuum leak, your throttle body being dirty or damaged or the idle control valve.

When you turn on the AC on any car, it brings the engine’s performance down considerably and tends to highlight some problems with engine operation that are normally hidden. Under acceleration, sometimes a misfire will clear up, but it is definitely noticeable while idling. Another potential issue may be extensive pressure being built up due to a damaged A/C unit.

The best bet here is to contact a certified mechanic in your area and let them test drive your Suzuki to properly diagnose your shaking steering wheel symptoms. That will permit them to have a good starting place to assess and eventually fix this issue for you.

3. Q: steering wheel shaking