Q: Q: Won't stay running

After rear-ending a F-150 and having the airbag discharged, my Focus will start but not stay running without applying the gas pedal. I already re-set the inertia/gas cut-off switch. It has a brand new fuel pump and sending unit. Thank you in advance for any suggestions or ideas.

Hello, thanks for writing in. If the vehicle was just in an accident then the air bag module will most likely need to be replaced. If the air bags deployed then it is common for this to occur. The module will need to be replaced and reset. If it has been repaired then it may have damaged part of the wiring harness to the crank sensor or to the fuse box. That will take some testing as well. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the air bag system for you and make or suggest any repairs needed.

3. Q: Won't stay running