Q: How do you activate the horn beep feature on a Ford when using the remote?

asked by on February 14, 2017

How do you activate the horn beep feature on a Ford when using the remote?

Hello. Your particular vehicle should honk the horn only after the second press of the key fob button. On the first press of the button it will just flash the lights. I did find a little information on the topic of discussion in the service manual for your vehicle that may help.

Remote Transmitter Lock/Unlocking Control — Locking The remote control feature requests that all the doors be locked when the LOCK button is pressed. On any press of the lock button with all doors closed: the remote control feature will request one flash of the parking lamps. If any door is ajar, no flash will occur, indicating it locked all the doors but one or more doors are ajar. As soon as the last door is closed, the vehicle will provide the one flash of the parking lamps. If two presses of the lock button are received within three seconds the horn will chirp once, and flash the parking lamps twice to indicate that all the doors are closed and locked. If any door is ajar when the second lock request is received within three seconds of the first, the remote control feature will request the horn chirp twice without flashing the parking lamps to indicate it locked all the doors but one or more doors are ajar. When the ignition is in the RUN or START position, no parking lamp flashes or horn chirp confirmations will occur.

You are also able to activate and reactivate the horn beep feature

Here are the steps. Press both the lock and unlock buttons on your remote for two seconds. Watch for the hazard lights to flash three times. Lock the doors and confirm that the horn does not sound.

If you want to reactivate the beep feature: Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote for at least two seconds. Watch for the hazard lights to flash once. The horn should honk one time.

Hope this helps!