Q: Car alarm won't turn off.

My car alarm is malfunctioning. It won't turn off and the car is not starting.

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If the alarm is an aftermarket alarm then if may just be defective. I have found that most alarms made aftermarket do not last long and are made of cheap relays and circuits. If you have a factory alarm then you may have a defective remote or a door switch if you used a key to open it. The system needs a code key to disable the ignition and if the key is defective it may be the cause. Try a second key and see if that works. It has to be a key that is already coded to the vehicle to work. If none of this works then give a certified mechanic a call, like one from YourMechanic, to come and diagnose your problem.