Q: Car alarm won't turn off.

My car alarm is malfunctioning. It won't turn off and the car is not starting.

If the alarm is an aftermarket alarm then if may just be defective. I have found that most alarms made aftermarket do not last long and are made of cheap relays and circuits. If you have a factory alarm then you may have a defective remote or a door switch if you used a key to open it. The system needs a code key to disable the ignition and if the key is defective it may be the cause. Try a second key and see if that works. It has to be a key that is already coded to the vehicle to work. If none of this works then give a certified mechanic a call, like one from YourMechanic, to come and diagnose your problem.