Steering wheel will not turn can't drive 2003 l6-4.2l pow...

Q: Steering wheel will not turn can't drive

asked by on June 01, 2017

I can't turn my steering wheel at all. Just passed inspection/emissions. Put power steering fluid in no difference. Hoping it's not a costly fix. Cant drive truck at all. Is the consult free or do I pay $70 for consult? Can u fix on site and if so how much will it cost?

If you do not know what is causing the no power steering assist then you need to have the system diagnosed in person before a repair is quoted. You will need to check to see if the power steering belt is not broken and the pump is turning. If it is then check fluid level and verify it stays full and does not leak out. If there are no leaks and the pump is turning then the pump will need to be replaced most likely.