Q: Vehicle stall while driving. Crankshaft Position Sensor and Coolant Temperature sensor replaced.

asked by on May 09, 2017

I'm having an issue of my vehicle shutting off while driving. First diagnosis said Crankshaft Position Sensor. I replaced it. Next was the Coolant Temperature Sensor. I replaced that. Check Engine light came back on today, and vehicle is shutting off.....again. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Was the output of the crankshaft position sensor viewed on a scope? If not, the sensor might have been perfectly good. If you are working off of codes please note that the mere presence of a code is not enough to condemn any parts. Codes represent clues only, and sometimes lousy clues, and all parts that might be "referred" to in a code must be actually tested before any determination can be made. With regard to the check engine light, the codes that are now being reported, whether new or old, should be tracked down which means the individual components have to be tested using the appropriate test equipment. Occasionally codes will set and identify components that actually have absolutely nothing to do with causing the underlying fault. At this juncture, the best thing to do to get this resolved is request a check engine light diagnostic. The responding certified mechanic will PINPOINT the actual cause of the fault and get this resolved promptly. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.