Q: My GMC Acadia 2013 is blowing hot air and the AC is on

I have a 2013 GMC Acadia Dinali when the AC is on it blows hot air 46,000 miles no warranty dealer says I need new Aux blower motor, Aux evaporator , 2 1/2 pounds of Freon and dext cool all for $1100 Does this seem legit and if my fan is working why are they telling me I need a new motor I just thought I needed Freon Please help. Thank you

A: Unfortunately your 2013 GMC Acadia is known...

Unfortunately your 2013 GMC Acadia is known for having bad rear evaporator cores. So that sounds about right. I can't comment on needing the blower motor though. Does the rear air blow at all?

These cars are also known to have the front evaporator core leak as well. If that is bad the entire dash needs to come out. The coolant is needed because to get the rear blower case out the rear heater core lines need to be disconnected and some coolant will be lost.

If you don't want to go the dealer route, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the issue with your AC and help make the necessary repairs.