Q: passing gear not working

When I try to use the passing gear ID press the gas pedal and it seems to go into neutral then it goes back into regular but the passing gear does not work

The transmissions in these vehicles have a long list of possible causes for the concern that you are having. They include the valve body not controlling the down shift and the valve body needing to be removed and cleaned out or replaced if found defective.

The pressure control valve is another component that can cause pressure problems and would need to be replaced if found faulty. The other components are all parts of the gears or sprag units inside the transmission that would require complete overhauls. I would have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your gear shifting issue in person and direct you towards the needed repairs that will fix the problem.

3. passing gear not working