Q: noise choking when accelerating

My car was running fine and was very low on gas. The car stalled, I started it and it worked fine. The gas station was about 100 ft. away. I drove there and filled the tank with gas. After getting the gas the car started acting wierd. There was a loud noise coming from the back and when I stepped on the gas the car choked. I thought it was the fuel pump, so I went ahead and replaced it. But it didnt' help. I replaced my fuel filter and that didn't help either. The car idles fine, but when I step on the gas it chokes and the rpm stays around 3000. I went ahead and replaced another pump and that didn't help either. What could be the cause of my car problem?

A: With fuel level getting low and the possibi...

With fuel level getting low and the possibility of debris from the fuel tank getting into the fuel delivery system, it is possible you have some debris that is partially clogging the fuel injectors. The fuel injector should be professionally cleaned and this will require special equipment to do so. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can not only clean the injectors but be able to scan the engine management system and diagnose your acceleration issue.