Q: Where is the block heater cord located

asked by on December 03, 2016

Cant locate my block heater cord on my car.

The block heater connection if equipped is behind the front Ford emblem. Just flip it toward the passenger side to open the power port.

Sporadic chirp--dont think it's the belt

The chirping you are hearing may not be belt related. Your suspension can also make noises like this. If you hear the noises going over bumps that is a huge sign. The fact you have narrowed it down to one...

How do I adjust the volume limiter?

When the volume limiter feature is turned on, the volume of the sound system will be limited to a safe volume. To turn this feature on or off, follow these steps: 1. Press the Up/Down buttons on the steering wheel...

Ignition broke off

I believe the ignition lock cylinder is an integrated, non serviceable component in the steering column. The entire column may have to be replaced. I recommend having a qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, take a look at it and...

Truck cranking, but not starting.

To see why this truck will not start you will need to see if it has lost spark or fuel. You have replaced most of the ignition system except the ignition module was not mentioned. This would cover the ignition...

Water is dripping at the bottom of my car muffler

If you do not have any problems with the engine getting low on coolant then the water dripping from the muffler is normal condensation dripping from the muffler. Most mufflers have a small drain hole on the bottom low side...

Idles very rough when heater/defroster is on

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle is put under extra load when the climate control is turned on. The engine is impacted different ways by the different systems. Typically when the defroster is turned on, it uses the...

How do I adjust the temperature?

The temperature is adjusted with the Temperature Control knob. Rotate this knob clockwise to increase the temperature, or counterclockwise to decrease the temperature.

At interstate speeds van sways; has difficult steering & control

Losing the ability to control the van in low wind speeds is an abnormal issue. There are a few faults that could cause this issue though. The most common would be low tire pressure, failing suspension component, or a faulty...

My drivers side back break grinds when I press the break. Do I need to replace my breaks

Typically, the grinding sound indicates that the material on the brake pads has ground down to a minimal amount resulting in the grinding sound you are hearing. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to...