Q: Can I plug the oil cooler hoses. The male piece that connects to them broke off in the hose.

Trying to see if I can up a plug in the oil cooler hoses cause the male piece that connects to them broke off in the hoses

Hi there. The oil cooler is designed to help cool the engine or transmission off. By plugging off the oil cooler lines will cause the engine or transmission to heat up more than normal and could cause the engine or transmission to overheat. I recommend replacing the broken hose. Plus, if the hose is capped off and the other hose is connected, without cycling the oil through the other hose will cause the other hose to break as well. If you need further assistance with your oil cooler hoses, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Can I plug the oil cooler hoses. The male piece that connects to them broke off in the hose.