Q: My catalytic converter was replaced and everything seems fine. However the engine seems incredibly loud and this occurred on the highway.

I have a 2006 pontiac G6. The catalytic converter was just recently replaced. The engine seems to be functioning fine but its incredibly loud and this just happened all of a sudden while I was driving on the highway. There is no check engine light on do you have an idea of what might be wrong?

Dave

Hi there. There is an exhaust leak under the vehicle. Check the catalytic converter, muffler, and all the clamps under the vehicle on the exhaust pipe and see if anything came loose. Hook up any parts that are disconnected on the exhaust pipe or replace the parts that are broken. If you need further assistance with your exhaust system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My catalytic converter was replaced and everything seems fine. However the engine seems incredibly loud and this occurred on the highway.