My thermostat housing is spraying out antifreeze could th...

Q: My thermostat housing is spraying out antifreeze could that be the reason i see smoke

asked by on November 15, 2017

My car is spraying out antifreeze from the thermostat housing could that be the reason its smoking

Hi Latrice. Thanks for sending in your question today. Yes - the radiator leak is likely the reason for the smoke. It would be a good idea to replace the radiator thermostat housing as soon as possible to reduce the potential for serious overheating damage.