Q: Engine is possibly ceased up.

asked by on November 30, 2016

Well I was driving and my car started to die. I pulled over popped the hood and realized my belt was off centered and ripped. Got it home, jacked it up and when I was replacing the belt I realized the crankshaft pulley was off centered and wobbly. So I went to Mitsubishi and got a new pulley. I replaced it and tried to start it. Belts were turning but it wouldn't start I tried a couple more times then it just wouldn't want to start. I'm sure my timing was off, I spaced it and didn't think the timing was gunna change.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If you are able to crank the engine over and the engine does turn over, then the engine is not seized up. However, if the engine hesitates as its turning over, then the timing belt may have either jumped a tooth or it has broken and the valve are bending. Remove the front cover to the timing belt and see if the belt is in tact. Check the timing marks and see if the marks align up. The wobble from the balancer pulley could have been caused by the timing belt moving or breaking. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting up, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.