Q: Car is stuck in Park

My car is stuck in Park. My gear shifter won't move, and my car is stuck in my garage. Is there some kind of override button I can use?

There is a solenoid that prevents the shifter from coming out of Park, unless your foot is firmly placed on the brake pedal. It is likely that the solenoid has failed and is not able to be activated to let the shifter come out of Park. This is a pretty common problem. Unfortunately, there is no override button to bypass this system. I would ask for help from a mechanic, possibly from YourMechanic, to diagnose the issue with your shifter not coming out of Park, to confirm whether the shift lock solenoid is faulty or not.