Q: Car overheating, but reservoir full

My car is running hot. The water reservoir is full. Could it be the water pump?

To start, a coolant pressure test should be done to check for any leaks in the cooling system. If there are leaks, the coolant level will be low and there will be air pockets in the system causing frequent overheating. If the thermostat is stuck closed and the coolant can’t recalculate, then car can overheat. The water pump can be damaged or defective causing the same issues. A cooling system inspection should be carried out by a qualified technician like those at YourMechanic to diagnose the overheating issue. Also, have them install the correct temperature thermostat with a coolant flush to ensure the right distilled water to coolant ratio, usually being 50/50.