Q: Q: Oil light is on

I have an 04 Nissan Titan with 153,000 miles. This morning the oil light popped up and then I noticed the oil pressure light was pinned on high as well as the temp Guage. The check engine light came on and then the truck wasn't shifting right and was almost bogging down and sputtering. Is this all related to one thing or multiple issues?

Hello There, The oil pressure light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. If the engine is in fact low on oil, you may notice the temperature gauge reading above normal temperatures as a result of the lack of sufficient oil in the motor. I would recommend checking the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. Many vehicles also have a safety feature built into the vehicle’s computer system which will shut the engine down completely or trigger a “safe mode” of some kind which will drastically limit the vehicle’s engine power to avoid further engine damage until the oil pressure problem is corrected. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.

3. Q: Oil light is on