Q: As I drive there is a loud thump noise in my rear driver side tire.

As I was driving all of a sudden I heard a loud thump noise at first I thought it was a flat tire but it's not so I thought it may be something in the trunk of the car but it's not. So as I continue to drive the noise is coming from my rear driver side tire. You hear a very loud thump as the car is going down the street even when I back up I hear it. What can it be? Thanks

The description of the noise you hear is most likely a tire has a separation in the tread. The tire will still hold air but the tire will be coming apart between the treads. You should have the tire checked and if that is the case replace it as soon as possible and do not drive at high speeds with it. You may want to put the spare tire on.

3. As I drive there is a loud thump noise in my rear driver side tire.