My truck seems to have a late reaction time to the accele...

Q: My truck seems to have a late reaction time to the accelerator.

asked by on August 09, 2016

Why does my truck seem to have a late reaction time to the accelerator? For example when entering a freeway I press on the pedal but it takes a couple of seconds for the truck to actually accelerate. Please help. Thank You. P.S My truck has a 5-6 in. suspension lift kit.

This could be a variety of things ranging from poor fuel delivery to vacuum leaks. In the case of a vacuum leak, when you step on the accelerator and demand a quick increase in air/fuel flow to the intake system in the engine, if there is a vacuum leak, an imbalance is created in the air/fuel ratio typically causing this type of hesitation. There are also a few other possibilities related to an improper amount of fuel being delivered to the engine due to faulty information being supplied to your truck’s computer system. When this happens, inaccurate messages are delivered to the engine’s throttle body (this is what delivers the fuel to the intake system). I would recommend having an expert mechanic, such as one from Your Mechanic coming to your home to diagnose.