Des getting a new ignition mean you have to get a new key...

Q: Des getting a new ignition mean you have to get a new key?

asked by on May 19, 2017

If I get a new ignition do I have to get a new key?

If you are needing to replace the ignition lock cylinder where you put your key in to start the car, then yes a new key is typically provided with the lock cylinder. Sometimes programming of the key is necessary for it to work properly after the key fob is installed. I would recommend researching how your key needs to be programmed to the car to determine if you can do it yourself or if the dealership has to do it.