Q: Water pump/water pump pulley is bad?

While driving the other day my belt broke on my truck. Subsequently while pulling over coolant began spraying out from under the hood causing steam. I replaced the belt, and coolant then started the car again. It was making loud noises so I turned it off. I noticed the fan was wobbly and had a lot of play back and forth and some up and down. First question: is that the pulley or the water pump that is bad? And second question: could there be any other issues as well? Thank you for your time. I'm looking forward to hearing back.

A: Hey there. When you move the fan, if you se...

Hey there. When you move the fan, if you see the pulley moving up and down then you have a water pump bearing that went out. You should also notice if there is a wobble of the cooling fan clutch attached to with fan. If it is wobbling then it may have made the water pump bearing to go bad. I would recommend replacing the water pump and replace the fan clutch. I would also recommend replacing the thermostat and gasket and check the radiator cap for proper operation or replace it.