Q: Smoking car

asked by on November 23, 2016

The car smoke out the tailpipe an leak gas out of it an the oil smell like gas... But the car is NOT running ... Thanks

Hi there. From the description you have provided, the most likely cause is, the fuel pressure regulator is leaking. Removing the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator and turn the key to the on position (engine off), this should allow you to see fuel come from the regulator vacuum nipple. Be careful to avoid being sprayed by fuel. If the fuel pressure regulator is not at fault, another possibility would be a faulty fuel injector. The oil contaminated with fuel requires changing before attempting to start the engine, once repairs are completed. I recommend having your vehicle’s smoke from exhaust and has fuel coming out be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.