Q: Transmission stuck in gear in Drive 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

While in drive the vehicle while get stuck in gear, seems to be in higher gear (4,5,6th). Come to complete stop now sticks in 1st. Restart vehicle, put in drive, shifting fine then what described previously will repeat itself. It may take one mile it may take 10. Restart vehicle put in manual, operates through all gears without problem

Hi there - it’s possible that your problem source is the torque converter lockup clutch NOT releasing as the truck slows down. This would lug the engine as though it’s in top gear until vibration, or an engine stop/start sequence causes it to release. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Transmission stuck in gear in Drive 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500