Q: Major Leak of power steering fluid

asked by on September 10, 2016

I just changed the power steering pump and power steering pressure hose. i put power steering fluid into the reservoir after replacing both parts and power steering fluid was flowing out of the bottom about where the rack and pinion is at. I put in Lucas power steering fluid and it flowed right out after starting the vehicle aand turning the wheel

Hello...it sounds like you have a loose or faulty hose connection. Of course, it is also possible that a coincidental leak developed, for instance in a rusted steel tube on the return side, at the same time that you were doing this repair. A YourMechanic specialist could diagnosis this for you and assist you with the repair of your power steering and inspect your vehicle for leaks.