Q: Fuel pump is not priming.

The fuel pump has not been priming after i got a new battery and the car sit for a day without starting it. The temperature here has been below freezing for almost a month now. I have tried swapping the fuel pump relay with the wiper relay and swapped the fuel pump fuse. everything else in the car worked after this except for the pump.

Hi there. The fuel pump could have failed due to crystallization of the fuel if there is too much water in the fuel). I recommend putting a treatment of water separator in the fuel tank and let it sit for 2 hours. Then attempt to see if the fuel pump beings to operate. If the fuel pump still does not operate, then the fuel pump motor has failed and needs replaced. If you need further assistance with your fuel pump not working, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Q: Fuel pump is not priming.