Q: Car horn not functioning properly.

Car horn not working and I hear a weird sound when starting the car.

A: If the cars horn is not working the most li...

If the cars horn is not working the most likely cause is the horn itself. Although it could also be wiring, blown fuse, or a bad switch on the steering wheel. First check the fuses as they are easy to replace and a very likely cause. If no fuses are blown, I would recommend having the horns tested for continuity to ensure they will function by a professional. If the horns do not have continuity they will not work. Have this person also inspect your engine for the noise that you hear upon startup.