Q: Car horn not functioning properly.

Car horn not working and I hear a weird sound when starting the car.

If the cars horn is not working the most likely cause is the horn itself. Although it could also be wiring, blown fuse, or a bad switch on the steering wheel. First check the fuses as they are easy to replace and a very likely cause. If no fuses are blown, I would recommend having the horns tested for continuity to ensure they will function by a professional. If the horns do not have continuity they will not work. Have this person also inspect your engine for the noise that you hear upon startup.