Q: Some a/c fans aren't blowing air

Our car has approx. 98,000 miles. The air conditioning center fans on the dashboard and the fan(s) underneath the dash (for the floor) aren’t blowing air. The fans just below the windshield and the fans on the outside edges of the dash are working well. All the ports for the fans are in open position. What do we need to do to solve this?

It sounds like your mode door actuator may have failed. The mode door actuator is responsible for controlling the mode door. The mode door is a door inside your dash that will open and close to certain points to guide or block air flow to or from different air vents in your dash. When the mode door actuator fails, it keeps the mode door in the position that it failed in. This would mean that your actuator failed in the defrost position. Many times, a vehicle’s mode door will default to defrost when the engine is turned off. I would recommend having your AC inspected by a certified professional to determine if this part has actually failed.