Q: What are the most common CD error messages?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What are the most common CD error messages?

While your audio system is designed to last for years without any real need for maintenance, problems can crop up. The system can give you some information about the problem, and knowing the more common error messages will help you troubleshoot the issue.

1. Heat Error: The CD player is too hot. Turn it off and let it cool down.

2. Unplayable: The disc is not playable. This might be due to incorrect formatting or

damage to the disc.

1. Bad Disc: If you see this message, you’ll need to eject the disc and inspect it.

2. Mech Error: Eject the disc and inspect it for damage. Try a different disc and see if the same error occurs. If it does, the player should be inspected.

3. Check Disc: This means that there’s damage to the disc and it cannot be played.