Q: Van is not Starting

asked by on December 13, 2016

Hello,

Yesterday after grocery shopping, We return back and I parked the van. This morning its not starting, All the lights , windows, speedo meter all the electronics are working fine however there is no engine start or any thing when i turn the key to start, The gas is full and car is in Parked gear, I have tried starting it on neutral as well, however no luck. The battery was change 8 months back

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This may be related to many different possibilities, some of which may be related to a lack of spark and some of which may be related to a fuel delivery problem or a combination of both. For example, if the ignition coils, crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs, spark plug wires or ignition module are faulty, this may cause the motor to not produce the spark needed to ignite the fuel in the motor.

In the case of a fuel delivery problem, this may be related to low fuel pressure, faulty or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty or dirty idle air control valve (this relays information about air intake to the computer which makes fuel adjustments), or potentially a faulty fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump. Fuel delivery problems will typically not allow the proper amount of fuel to be delivered to the cylinders which results in a lean fuel condition which can cause backfiring or simply cause the motor not to start as a result of fuel starvation. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your no start problem.