Q: Engine and low trac lights come on

asked by on May 18, 2016

I have a recurring problem with my Check Engine Light. The dealership replaced my spark plugs and the module. After all that, the light still comes on! What is causing this and how can I get it fixed?

Hello. There are several things that could cause the Check Engine Light to come on after getting the spark plugs replaced by the dealership.

• If the Check Engine Light never turned off after the original repair was completed, it is possible that the Check Engine Light was never turned off.

• It is also possible that more than one problem existed when the spark plugs were replaced and additional repairs are necessary.

• If the Check Engine Light was turned off and came back on shortly after the repair, you could have an intermittent condition and these can be difficult to diagnose. Intermittent conditions may need to worsen before any certified technician will be able to pinpoint the problem.

Contact a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, who will be able to pinpoint why your Check Engine Light is on.