Q: i have a 2011 chevy traverse lt, and i accidently hit the positive battery terminal with ground, now won't start

asked by on August 26, 2017

i have a 2011 chevy traverse lt, and i accidently hit the positive battery terminal with ground, and now won't start, when I turn key in start position the dashboard lights and all the interior lights turn off and doesn't do anything. Also headlights won't work at all

Hello. If you crossed the cables as you mentioned then it may have caused some serious damage to the vehicle. I would start by checking all of the fuses. Hopefully it jhust blew one of the main fuses and that is it. If the fuses are fine then it more than likely shorted out the vehicles computer. This would need to be replaced with a new programmed unit. You will need a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, that can [replace your computer check it out]https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection