Q: Nissan 08 Altima won't start up when I press on the brake and push the start button.

asked by on December 03, 2016

When I push that brake. .and then tha push botton. .and won't star

Brake Light Switch Replacement $90.34 - $168.55 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It sounds like the brake switch on the brake pedal is not working. There are two circuits on the brake switch, one for the brake lights and the other for the starter circuit. Some vehicles require the brakes to be pressed on startup to prevent the vehicle from moving suddenly. Check to see if the brake lights work as you step on the brake pedal. If the brake lights work, then I recommend replacing the brake switch on the brake pedal for the circuit to the starter has failed. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting when pressing on the brake pedal, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.