Q: What does the SRS indicator on the dash mean?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the SRS indicator on the dash mean?

Your air bag system is technically called the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) and you’ll see that abbreviation on each air bag cover, as well as a couple of lights on the dash. The main SRS indicator looks like a person wearing a seat belt with an air bag deployed in front of them. It’s designed to do several things:

1. Self-Test: The light should always come on for a few seconds when you crank the engine. This is a self-test, and the light should go out quickly.

2. If the SRS indicator comes on at any other point, it means that there’s a problem with the system.

3. If the SRS indicator is on or flashing, have your system inspected as soon as possible.