Q: Car takes time to start and service engine soon light is on

My car takes some time to turn on and now it has the service engine soon light on.

Hi Andres. Thanks for submitting your question today. There are several reasons why your Nissan might be experiencing these symptoms. Most of the time, a hard start is caused by a restriction of fuel or ignition timing problems. This could be caused by a fuel pump that is wearing out, dirty fuel filters, mass air flow sensor or clogged fuel injectors just to name a few. When these symptoms fail, it will activate a check engine light, so the best way to proceed and find the source of your problems is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete an on-site inspection.

If your check engine light is on, I would recommend having a check engine light is on inspection performed by qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done from your home or office.

3. Car takes time to start and service engine soon light is on