Q: How does the Intelligent Key function as a remote keyless entry device?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How does the Intelligent Key function as a remote keyless entry device?

While the Intelligent Key will let you open the doors and the trunk without having to press a button on the key itself, it does double as a remote entry device. To use it, you just need to take the key out and press the appropriate button on it (door lock, trunk lock, etc.). However, there are some conditions for using the remote:

1. You have to be no farther away than 33 feet.

2. The battery must be good.

3. The doors cannot be open (or closed improperly). This applies to the trunk, as well.