reasons it would start to be hard to steer?

sometimes it is hard for me to turn the car. it feels like the power steering is going out at times

There are a few different reasons that a power steering system will lose function. The most common causes are that the drive belt is slipping, the pump is going out, there is a leak in the system that is allowing air in, or there is a mechanical linkage that is causing some type of binding. Without a little more information, it would be hard to make a guess at what is going on. If you need some help in diagnosing and/or repairing the problem, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com.