Q: what does it mean when your car starts knocking in the front near the tires?

while decreasing my speed the car makes a weird noise when I hit the brakes and i can feel the brakes or rotors when I hit the brakes every time I come to a stop. it wasn't make this noise a couple of months ago it just started recently. could it be because i hit a pothole or something that why its making this noise or something else. I have only had the car for several months, and yes it is a used car.

A: Hi there. The best way to diagnose any prob...

Hi there. The best way to diagnose any problems with the front end is to have a professional mechanic take a test drive. However, the symptoms you are describing are similar in many ways to worn out brake pads. It might also be a problem with the wheel bearings (especially if you hit a pot hole, those may have been damaged). If you've got 43,000 miles on the vehicle, it may be time to replace the brake pads and have the rotors turned (or cleaned for proper brake application). If you would like your braking system to be inspected, a certified technician from YourMechanic would be happy to assist you.