Q: speedometer not working

i changed cable,cluster and sensor still don't work I'm getting a Code 17 what else could be the problem

A: The vehicle would need to be lifted and the...

The vehicle would need to be lifted and the cable checked to see if it is turning. If it is, then the speedometer is bad. If the cable does not turn, then disconnect it from the transmission and see if the cable turns manually. If it does not, then the cable is bad.

If it is okay, then check to see if the speed sensor is turning by the transmission. And if it isn’t, then remove it and check it manually. If it turns, then the problem is in the transmission and would need to be taken out to check to see why the speedometer gear is not working.

If you need assistance with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your speedometer and let you know what repair is needed.