Q: I have a question, can I replace the ECM on this 2002 Dodge Intrepid engine with a used one?

Hi Tim I just asked you a question little while ago about the engine swap from the Dodge Intrepid and putting it into the Chrysler 300M my question to you now can I go to the salvage yard and take another ECM off another 2002 Dodge Intrepid long as the part number match could it work instead of having to get one Rebooted and flashed and all that

You cannot install a used ECM that was programmed for another vehicle even if it has the same part number. You would need to have it reprogrammed if it could be. The ECM is programmed with a VIN number and cannot be programmed to another VIN. This is due to Theft deterrent built in. You will need to have a reprogrammed ECM put in with your VIN programmed into it.

3. I have a question, can I replace the ECM on this 2002 Dodge Intrepid engine with a used one?