Q: I changed my battery but light still on also dash still says charging failure

asked by on November 05, 2017

My car battery light is on and i replaced the battery also my car says charging failure issue as well

Hi Brian. Thanks for contacting us today. Sometimes when a battery light is initially triggered, an error code is stored in the ECU and will require a professional mechanic to complete a warning light inspection to remove. However, it’s also possible that a different charging system component is faulty, loose or having issues. If the battery wore out quickly, then it’s more than likely that your alternator is damaged or a charging wire is loose. It would probably be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a battery inspection to determine what’s going on with your Volvo.