Q: Will the code po171 effect the emissions test?

My Service Engine Soon light just came on this afternoon when I was on my way home. I stopped by Advance Auto Parts and had them hook my car up to their machine and the code came back as po171. I just recently purchased this car and have to get the emissions test done in order to get the tag for it. I need to know if this issue with the car has to be resolved before I get my emissions test or is it something that can be done afterwards.

Hi Cassi. Thanks for sending us a message tonight. Yes, the P-0171 OBD-II trouble code indicates a lean mixture issue, which will impact the pass/fail of most emissions tests. Depending on where you live, any check engine light or code can cause a fail until it is resolved.

3. Will the code po171 effect the emissions test?