Q: Thumping when braking

I recently got my brake pads changed because they were worn out highly however, when im driving slowly I can hear a scraping noise still and now when I’m braking there is a thumping noise, and when I’m turning to the left or right there is a clicking noise also.

Hi Lidia. Thanks for taking time to contact us today. While it’s not unusual for new brake pads to rub a bit or for excessive brake dust to create squeaking noises after replacement, the type of sounds you are describing are not normal. I would recommend contacting the shop that completed the brake service and letting them know of the symptoms you are experiencing, so they can have a chance to inspect the Hyundai and determine if any repairs are needed. If they can’t or choose not to help you, please have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a brake system inspection. There could be a loose brake caliper, warped brake rotor or another brake component that isn’t fitting correctly.

3. Thumping when braking