Q: I just put a new alternator and battery and it still comes on what to do please help

I put in a new alternator and battery and the check charge system lite still comes on
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first step is to make sure all battery cable and alternator connections, are clean, dry, and tight. The second test is to have the vehicle scanned for diagnostic codes, in case there is a code that pertains to the charging system that can help you with diagnostics. This can be done by a technician or at most automotive parts stores (usually for free). The next step at this point would be to test the new battery, alternator, and the alternator’s voltage regulator. You may also be having issues with your drive belt, as it is what powers the alternator off of the engine. Make sure the belt is tight, and that the entire drive belt system is working properly. If the belt is loose, or if another pulley is robbing power from the system, the alternator may be the first place you notice issues. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I just put a new alternator and battery and it still comes on what to do please help