Q: Battery completely died out twice

Hello. A couple of years ago, my car had a battery issue. It was completely drained. Due to this, the positive battery cable has a lot of corrosion surrounding it. I went to the dealership and they had the engine wiring harness replaced. However, that problem occurred yet again and they don't know the cause of it. The car has 85,000 miles on it. What could be the issue here? Should I just have the positive battery cable replaced as suggested? Thank you.

A: The battery is leaking out of the top near ...

The battery is leaking out of the top near the posts and will cause the terminals to get corroded. I suggest having your battery and cables serviced:

• have the cables cleaned of corrosion
  • have the battery replaced
  • have the red and green acid-reducing discs put under the terminals

The discs will control the buildup of any corrosion for a longer time than not using anything. You should have the battery serviced and cleaned once a year.