Q: Cannot get engine light or DSC reading to go off 2002 Jaguar X-type

asked by on December 09, 2016

The car runs great after having a new compressor installed and a new radiator. The mechanics are very familiar with the car and have checked everything but can't determine why the engine light stays on as well as the DSC reading. They have checked everything that they can think of and have cleared all the codes but the lights remain on. Can you provide any help? Thanks, Tom

Hi - there must still be a problem code which is eluding them, perhaps something Jaguar-specific. The Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) warning light may be simply a dirty or failed wheel speed sensor. I would recommend a Check Engine light inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.