Q: Large clunk in what sounds like front of car

Whenever I am backing up and have my wheel at full wheel lock, left or right, there is a large clunk. Its not all the time but most.

Hey there. This noise is an indication of movement of the suspension. The first thing to check would be the lower control bushings on both sides of the car should be checked for movement by supporting the vehicle off the ground on the lower control arms and then moving tire bottom in and out and back and forth to check bushings and lower ball joints. Replace the complete lower control arms if any movement is felt.

Another bushing that may go bad is the steering rack and pinion mounting bushings. Check the bushings by supporting both front tires and moving the tire left and right and see if the rack bushings have movement. Replace the steering rack and pinion bushings if there is looseness.

3. Large clunk in what sounds like front of car