Q: Car not starting after putting gas in

When i go to put gas in my car afterwards it won't start. I have to step on the gas and restart the car 5-7 times before it runs right. I thought it was a purge valve,but the shop says it's either a intake gasket or a EVAP control valve.

Is it the EVAP control Valve or the intake gasket causing my car not statting after I get gas?

The most likely cause of the hard start after getting fuel is going to be a leaking fuel vapor purge valve. The leaking purge valve would allow the fumes that build up in the fuel tank while refueling to fill up the intake manifold with a lot of gas fumes causing a hard start or even a no start could happen until the excess fumes are cleared from the engine. The leaking purge valve will also let excessive fumes to enter the intake all the time causing the engine to run richer than normal lowering the fuel mileage your vehicle will get. You can test the purge valve by disconnecting the vacuum line that connects the purge valve to the intake and using a vacuum pump to pull a vacuum on the valve. It should hold a vacuum if the valve is good. If the vacuum leaks then you must replace the purge valve.

3. Car not starting after putting gas in