Q: Whisting noise when increasing or decreasing speed

I mostly drive the car on the highway and I've noticed a whistling sound that comes from under the hood. I can hear it both when I accelerate and decelerate. The dash isn't showing any lights on. What could be making this whistling and buzzing noise?

There is a tensioner pulley that keeps the correct amount of tension on your serpentine belt. When these bearings wear out, they can cause this type of a whistling sound that you describe. This is a quick fix and should not take much time with the proper tools. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair the car noise to ensure that this is resolved properly.

3. Whisting noise when increasing or decreasing speed