Q: Tensioner Pulley Removal 2003 Dodge Neon

The A/C and power steering pump belt tensioner pulley broke. Is there any way to get the pulley off without removing the whole tensioner?

Hi - yes, it should be possible to only remove the serpentine belt idler pulley. After carefully releasing the tensioner, and removing the serpentine belt, there is a plastic cap at the center of the pulley. Pop this cap off, and there will be a bolt underneath that holds the pulley in place. Remove the bolt, and the pulley should pop off. For assistance, I recommend a serpentine belt tensioner pulley replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, and replace this component. Be sure to inspect and replace the serpentine belt at the same time.

You cannot get the pulley off without pulling off the entire tensioner unit, since the bolt is facing inward that holds on the pulley.

3. Tensioner Pulley Removal 2003 Dodge Neon