Q: When I start the car up it still doesn't move when in drive or reverse

asked by on November 16, 2016

When I start the car up it still doesn't move when in drive or reverse The engine runs but absolutely no movement

A few things can cause the vehicle to not move in any gear. Most vehicles today are drive-by-wire. There is no mechanical connection between the gas pedal and the engine. Electronic sensors at the gas pedal signal electronic sensors at the engine to move the vehicle. If any part of the electronic throttle control is malfunctioning, the vehicle will not move. Also, transmission issues can also prevent the vehicle from moving. If the internal clutches are worn or the front pump is not providing enough hydraulic pressure, the gears will not engage. Have a certified technician check why your vehicle will not move to isolate the exact cause.